Wednesday, November 9, 2011

David Scott Andersen 1952 - 2011

Our dad passed away early this afternoon after an almost 2 year battle with esophageal cancer. It's hard to believe he is really gone and I'm not sure if it will ever seem real. He is loved and already missed by his family and so many others.

He took care of everyone - especially my sister and I and his grandaughters. There were many snowy mornings when I lived at home that he would go out and clean my car off and start it up so it was warm for me when I was ready to leave.

He loved his grandkids. Kate could get him to do just about anything with her including watching Care Bears, playing hide and seek, and driving his Razor all by herself. Paige was his little heater he loved to hold on his chest to warm up.

At Moab he always brought up the rear to make sure no one was left behind. He was always the one to stop and help.

He went out of his way to make sure we always had what we needed - even though we thought that sometimes the effort he put forth was a bit ridiculous - he always made things extra comfortable, special and nice.

He loved to get the old or forgotten cars running. He usually lost interest when it came time to fix the cosmetics - but he sure loved to work on the engines.

Funeral services will be held Saturday, we're not sure of all the details yet but should know by tomorrow and I'll post. In honor of Dave, we'll be driving his Vette's and Jeep and would love for everyone to join us and drive their special car.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I remember Dave picking my dad up in his old mini cooper. I followed them down the road and have never laughed so hard!! Here are these two grown men driving in this extremely small car along with Dave's two big dogs taking over the back seat and then some!! I could tell they were having a blast in there! The picture is forever in my mind and it always makes me smile to think of it.
Our family has a very special place in our hearts for him.

Watson Family said...

Jed and Erin, we are so sorry for your loss. Wish we could be there to help and support you. We will keep you in our prayers.