Monday, July 18, 2011

The New House

A bit of background on our non-hunting house hunt. When we moved to Fruit Heights, and built the ginormous barn, we thought we'd stay forever. No plans to move, no active looking, nada. But of course I had to be looking online, just browsing around the neighborhood and surrounding areas when I found a smokin' deal. Jed came home from work that Thursday night and I showed him the pics (I did hesitate to show him as I did not want to move). We called the realtor and found out that they were only accepting offers until the next morning at 10am, so we headed over to look at the house. We debated all night, then put in an offer just before 10, and heard back a couple of hours later that ours was accepted. My thoughts... "Oh no, what have we done?"



Then the madness began....
(Kate insists her picture be taken whenever the camera is out)

It's a nice house, the previous owners just had let's say eclectic taste. Some odd tileing, materials, and paint, but beautiful crown moldings, arched windows, and an awesome view. 

The railing above had loose horizontal cables. First thing Kate did when we came to look at the house was try to climb it like a ladder, so first thing we did when we moved was tear it out and get a new railing (plus real wood stair treads, my dream!!!!). I still need to stain and paint the railing, but what a difference it made to the house.



1 comment:

Pugs said...

the railing looks great! A huge improvement!