Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend - St. Anthony



Kate's new riding gear.

Riding on the 4-wheeler with Dad - Kate's favorite!

My Dad is going in for his big surgery next week, so we took a last trip to St. Anthony Sand Dunes since he probably won't be camping or riding for some time. We pulled in late Friday night and spent the night in the Walmart parking lot (free camping !!!). Saturday was a bit cold so we left the Kate with the Grandparents at the trailer and took a short wet ride. Since it was raining, we headed to town for dinner and the boys caught a movie. Sunday was much better weather so we took Kate out in Rex. Of course she fell asleep, it's a pretty cushy ride.

Monday was the best weather, too bad we couldn't stay all day. My dad, Marshall, Jed and I took a last ride over on the big hills. I got "stuck" in a small bowl and had to be rescued by Jed. On the way back to camp we hit Eigen lakes. Marshall and Jed like to wheelie through the ponds. Jed tried to drive through one section, but it was a bit deeper than he anticipated, and he ended up wading out with water up to his waist. Too bad I didn't have the camera with me. Can't wait for the next trip!

1 comment:

Wilson 5 said...

OH MAN!!! I wish we could have come with you guys!!! Kate looks SO CUTE with her 'riding gear'!! It was raining in Wyoming too, in fact it snowed on us while we were swiming in the hot pots. Glad you guys had fun! I am sure the trip up to St. Anthony went A LOT smoother without the idiots who run out of fuel!!!